All of us love to take selfies in order to record some of our precious memories. Most of us uses them further on social media in order to get attention of our friends and family ad have negative and good commenting too. Similary if a celebrity take selfies it really cause a storm on social media.
Admittedly, it’s not always selfies that fall into this category, but, generally speaking, celebs have meticulously crafted social media profiles that are the envy of millions, and it turns out that they aren’t all that hard to improve, as comedian Celeste Barber hilariously proved.
Us Average Joes tend to marvel at celebrities because of how perfect their appearances are, even if we know deep down that aspiring to be like them isn’t a reasonable goal to have. Celeste, however, is a testament to the fact that all you need is confidence to win at social media.
2. Celebrities might have perfect timing
But the awkward reality of a normal person relationship looks a lot more fun.
1. She’s keeping it real when it comes to camera flashes
Let’s face it, Bella Hadid probably couldn’t see properly after that sultry snap was taken.
3. Some things in life are easier to chase than dreams
Food is a pretty good example.
4. Sometimes less really is more
Even if this picture strongly suggests happiness is tied to the size of your Christmas tree.
6. Celebrity poses aren’t natural
And Celeste’s recreations show them up for their true ridiculousness.
5. The reality of carrying a normal woman on a sofa isn’t instaworthy
To be quite honest, it looks painful!
8. Now that’s what I call windswept and sexy
While Celeste is serving up windswept and hilarious.
The online world can have a negative effect on our self-esteem, especially when we are feeling fragile. It’s easy to compare your life to other people’s, especially celebs’, and feel inadequate. That’s why Celeste’s hilarious recreations are such a welcome breath of fresh air.
7. The Kardashian-Jenner clan are a bit too close
No one wants to get that intimate with a family member, but Celeste will do it to make you laugh.
10. Celebrities have sexy and silky smooth mud
Normal people have actual mud. Props to Celeste for giving herself a mustache while she was at it.
9. No woman that skinny can realistically have an ass like that
It’s better to be curvy and confident like Celeste.
12. Beyoncé slays in a way that Jay Z never will
And we have to hand it to Celeste’s partner, he knows how to let his girl shine too.
Naturally, Celeste’s recreations are incredibly popular online, and she has an impressive 3.2 million followers on Instagram. She’s encouraged them to get in on the fun too with the hashtag #celestechallengeaccepted, which has prompted countless people to make recreations of their own.
11. Beverage containers aren’t for inspiration
They are for wine and warning people not to touch it. Touché Celeste.
14. We’ve all been there
And no, I’m not talking about the first picture. Thanks for keeping it real Celeste.
13. From sultry to downright relatable
Who doesn’t love a good BBQ?!
16. When a celeb falls down the stairs it’s sexy…
When a normal person does it, it’s pretty clear that it’s not a good place for taking a picture.
Speaking about how ridiculous celebrity selfies really are, Celeste said, “People take it all too seriously, they have such an obsession with celebrities, the rich, the privileged and all these lifestyle bloggers but yet the celebrities think they are doing normal things.”
“Kim Kardashian posing in a pile of dirt – who does that in real life?”
15. Some celebs will take any opportunity to show off their bits
And Celeste is more than happy to mock them for it.
18. A train isn’t a footrest
And even that celeb looks ridiculous using it as one.
17. Celeste has a point – no one climbs a tree while naked
Talk about perfectly positioned plates!
20. Wine is most likely drunk in underwear in kitchens
Not Coke. That’s just stupid advertising.
“I am turning the mirror back on the celebrities as I am very pro-woman and I get frustrated when people say you should be or act a certain way,” Celeste said of her hilarious pictures. “Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner are the top two people we hit up first, followed by Miranda Kerr and Giselle. The Kardashians are always really out there and ridiculous – I just love it.”
19. Who seriously opens champagne naked?!
No one looks that happy when they’ve just been doused in alcohol.
22. There’s nothing realistically sexy about sucking your thumb
Or crouching in a hoodie while doing it.
21. Celebrities will pose with literally anything
And Celeste is willing to have a go at it too.
24. Why have fruit when Pringles exist?
A garden is no place to for an “I just grew this here” selfie.
An unfortunate side effect of living in the modern world is having to live with the pressure of constantly feeling the need to look good on social media. But as these celebrity selfies and Celeste’s recreations prove, sometimes the things we admire most are actually pretty ridiculous when we take them back down to Earth.