Awaken to enjoy the chirping of sweet birds as a cool breeze grazes your cheeks. Listen even more carefully and you’ll notice the soft sound of ocean waves in the distance. This is how each morning begins in beautiful St. Lucia. For outdoor enthusiast and weary entrepreneurs ready to unwind, St. Lucia has it all. We welcome you to read our favorite things to do when we are taking time out for ourselves!
1. Views of Saint Lucia are amazing below sea level! Divers can indulge in colorful coral reefs and abundant marine life at popular spots like the Key Hole Pinnacles. Or get carried away by the currents at Superman’s Flight, the drift dive named after the movie, located at the base of the Petit Piton. A total of 23 diving locations can be found just off the shoreline island wide. For a less extreme alternative, SNUBA
excursions ease divers into the water and descend no more than 20 feet.
2. Zip-lining serves up a healthy dose of adrenaline. Utilizing zip cables extended as high as 150 feet above ground, visitors are transported through lush foliage for panoramic views of the rainforest, the city of Soufriere, or the Pitons at one of three zip-line locations on-island.
3. Sulphur Springs ”Drive-in” Volcano are considered the hottest and most active geothermal area in the Lesser Antilles. The park is approximately 45 hectares and is billed as the Caribbean’s only drive-in volcano.
4. Gros Islet Street Party, the island’s largest street party is a Friday-night ritual for locals and visitors alike. Huge speakers set up on the street in this little fishing village blast Caribbean music all night long. Sometimes there are live bands. When you take a break from dancing, you can buy barbecued fish or chicken, rotis, beer, and soda from villagers who set up grills right along the roadside. It’s the ultimate “lime” experience.
5. Kite Boarding takes surfing to new heights with the constant tradewinds. A common spot for this popular activity is the Vieux Fort area at The Reef Kite + Surf. Clinics, seminars and workshops are available for those willing and ready to take on the challenge. Windsurfing is also available.
Images courtesy of St. Lucia Tourism Board
Read more about the beautiful island of St. Lucia in Volume 21 of Raine Magazine. Get your copy today!