19 Dark Illustrations That Reveal The Honest Truth About Modern Society
“Art, freedom and creativity will change society faster than politics.” Victor Pinchuk
Art isn’t always about pretty things and aesthetics, sometimes it’s supposed to make you think, and think hard. It provokes raw emotions and gives you perspective that you may not have had before.
Gerhard Haderer, an Austrian cartoonist has been making satirical illustrations about the truth of modern society. He depicts the honest way we look at the world now and highlights these issues in his work.
1. Did it for the Gram.
2. Chasing happiness.
3. “Look at the bawmb picture I got!”
4. See no evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil.
5. A newspaper, where did he get that from?!
6. Work, what’s that?!
7. The blatant disparity.
8. Stuff it into your mouth.
9. Definition of couched potatoes.
10. But they tagged each other in that latest meme at least.
11. Water water nowhere, not a drop to drink.
12. ‘Tis the season.
13. The aspirations never stop.
14. Let’s start accepting privilege.
15. We don’t believe in privacy.
16. Day after day.
17 It’s called modern art. Wow!
18. So this new vegan diet…
19. Age is just a number.
These comics are showing society a mirror and it’s high time we look at yourselves and introspect. Where are we headed otherwise?