Our assumptions can lead to significant stress when they don’t match our expectations. It’s better to not take it too seriously and laugh it off, when you have the chance. A huge treat for a tiny dog, a plastic ring instead of a silver and amethyst one, or a strawberry cheesecake ice cream with no strawberries, these are some good examples that show reality has a salty sense of humor.
Bright Side truly appreciates all the internet users from this compilation who had their expectations smashed, but instead of getting angry, they decided to share their deceptions and give us a good reason to smile.
1. Seller pics versus reviewer pics on Wish
2. “Be sure to always check the size when ordering treats!”
3. When daddy tries to do it:
4. “Traveled 2,874 miles to see the Cliffs of Moher…”
5. “My targeted Facebook ad purchase was a real let down.”
6. “Well, I tried.”
7. When you’re craving the new taco from Burger King:
8. Sponge Bob is not feeling well today.
9. “Expectation vs Reality, after a 6-month backorder from West Elm”
10. “Was pretty annoyed that I paid $110 for this.”
11. “These pancakes at my hotel this morning.”
12. “My husband ordered a mask for Halloween last year off of a Facebook ad, and this is what we ended up with.”
13. Almost the same…
14. “I expected at least some Oreos…”
15. When burritos turn out to be just tortilla:
16. “My wife ordered this Cactus Cat Scratcher and 2 months later she received just a bag of rope with no instructions, no wood, and not even a packing slip.”
17. When you buy a cheese pizza and you just get the bread:
18. The strawberries are non-existent.
19. Not a single broccoli head
20. The cookie of our nightmares
21. “Let’s just say I was pretty excited for my Genie face mask, until I put it on…”
© amaliepatricia / reddit
What other examples of funny and shattered expectations have you experienced? Please share your photos and stories in the comments!
Preview photo credit unknown / reddit